Unlikely, I would think. Could you provide a set of GCodes? Another option would be to send me the STL and I could see if there were design flaws. It sounds to me that the GCodes were incomplete.
Also, could you describe, in greater detail, the nature of the print halt? Some questions that could (should) be answered to fully understand the error...
- Does the error repeat on other GCode files?
- Is the error at the same place (layer) every time? Random?
- Have you tried generating new GCode files from the same STL?
- Did the same error occur if you did?
- And was it in the same layer?
- Did you experience a "stringy" or messy failed print or is the print accurate and true up until the point of failure?
There may be more questions to be asked, but these are the ones I would start with.
Another question... Are you running Windows 10? If you are, were you aware of the 3D Builder app? 3D Builder can and will detect errors in your model, correct them, and resave them for you. This has saved me numerous times.
I hope we can get to the bottom of the issue. I look forward to hearing from you soon.