This is a new unit out of the box.
The first time we powered it up, the menu came up, but the axis failed to move from the menu. I disconnected power to plug in the touch probe for calibration, and when I powered the unit again the display is now stuck on the "Zmorph" splash screen and fails to go from there. No matter how long or short I leave the unit on or off, or disconnected from power, it does not seem to fix the problem.
1. Backlight comes on and logo displayed on front panel
2. Front panel button "X" is lit red,"||" is off.
3. USB does not show up as any device on the host computer (Mac Sierra)
4. Voxelizer does not connect (1.4.18)
5. Fan and green LED next to micro SD card comes on about 1 second after power switch is toggled on, and turn off about 1.5 seconds after the switch is toggled off.
Steps taken so far:
1. Many power cycles leaving the unit on for a long time and leaving it unplugged for a long time
2. Re-seating the micro SD card
3. Checking the micro SD card in a regular reader (it reads fine, but I have no idea what supposed to be on there)
4. Checking the fuses (they are both fine)
5. Updating the firmware
6. Reformated the micro SD card and copied firmware.bin and config per support ticket instruction
1. Has anyone else had this problem?
2. If there is a problem with the SD Card image becoming corrupt
a. How can it be verified
b. Where can fresh images be found
3. Is there a troubleshooting diagram anywhere that can be run through to check the unit?
4. If the problem is hardware related, what simple test can be done externally to help identify the problem.
a. Voltage checks on the Right/Left connectors?
b. Impedance checks on the various toolheads interfaces